From the CEO’s Desk
RCCIWA Stakeholder and Member Engagement – January
Like all of our members we have hit the ground running and have taken the opportunity over January to meet with several stakeholders and engage with members. January engagement includes:
- Attended regular bi-monthly meeting with Stephen, Dan and Fiona from Industry Development with the Dept of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation. A great discussion focusing on the policy framework that will encourage more local procurement and local content for State Govt projects and purchasing.
- Met with Peter from the Dept of Training and Workforce Development to discuss the progress of our delivery of Working Together, discuss our recent quarterly reports and discuss possible plans for delivery in 2021 and 2022.
- Held monthly Working Together Co-ordinators teleconference – a great opportunity to share activities, update our progress collectively and discuss program deliverables and outcomes. Our five Co-ordinators from Broome, Kalgoorlie, Albany, Geraldton and Bunbury all attended, and it was a very constructive teleconference.
- Held monthly RCCIWA Members Teleconference with nine members represented. A very worthwhile hour of discussion, as detailed in last weeks CEO’s report.
- Held teleconferences and in person meetings with stakeholders, 2 program partners and the Grow Local Program Manager to discuss progress and planning for the Grow Local program we are supporting in The Pilbara. To find out more about this visit here.
- Participated in a teleconference regarding a Food Relief strategy to be piloted in regional WA. More information to come on this once details are confirmed.
- Caught up with Naomi Evans from Telstra Regional WA to discuss our partnership with Telstra and ways we can work in collaboration in 2020. A great discussion with some good activities planned.
- Met with Jane McNamara from NBN Co to discuss our continuing working relationship and how we can best ensure that our members are informed and updated on NBN matters. A great meeting.
- Met with Catrin Allsop, the CEO from Australia’s South West to talk about the priorities for both of our organisations and way we can work in collaboration. Plenty of opportunities were discussed.
- Met with Nick Sloan and John Filippone from WALGA to discuss ways out two organisations may work together to increase local procurement and content by all Local Governments.
- Was able to speak with many members over this past few weeks which was just fantastic – learning of their plans and activities and finding ways we can assist them.
RCCIWA Members Forum – June 18th and 19th 2020 – We’d love your input
Planning has already commenced for the first biannual RCCIWA Members Forum, to be held in Perth at Parliament House on Thursday June 18th and at a venue to be confirmed soon in Perth on Friday June 19th. To ensure we deliver a valuable and information packed Forum we would love your input. We are keen to know:
- Which MP’s and speakers you would like to hear from on both days?
- Is there a particular topic or session you would like us to deliver on either day?
- Do you have any suggestions for the format of both days?
- If you will be unable to attend in person, would you be interested in joining in for parts of the forum utilising technology? And if yes – what platform works for you?
- For our first day at Parliament House do you have any suggestions as to how we format the day? Should we change it up? Would you like opportunities for smaller group meetings with individual Ministers?
- Do you have any speakers you can recommend to us for the second day?
- Any other comments or suggestion you would like to offer?
Website Refresh - Send us your Documents
We are pleased to announce that we have built our member’s only access area on our website that will be a resource library to share information from our members with our members. We have started uploading documents that we have already been sent and your log-in access will be emailed to you next Monday. To assist us, could you please email email@example.com any documents that you are happy to share with your fellow members. We will assume if you send it to us that you are happy for us to upload this on the members only access section of our website. Please send in pdf format (and in the smallest size you can), documents such as:
- Your Constitution
- Your Strategic or Operational Plans
- Membership Forms, Membership prospectus
- Member Benefits flyer
- BAH information
- Sponsorship information
- Directory information
- Business Awards Information
- Job and Position Descriptions
- Events information
- Policies and Procedures
- Committee Induction pack etc