From the CEO’s Desk
Draft WA Aviation Strategy 2020 – Open for comments until March 27th
You will notice we have featured information regarding the draft WA Aviation Strategy 2020 and we are really keen to either get your feedback or for you to comment directly yourself here. This strategy follows on from the recommendations made further to the Regional Airfares inquiry that RCCIWA contributed to. We know this is a critical issue for all regional communities. For background information you can read our submission to the Inquiry in 2017 here.
The SBDC wants to hear from you - Impact of Coronavirus
The SBDC is interested in what the regions are experiencing in terms of impacts on tourism and hospitality businesses resulting from the coronavirus (and associated cancellations of flights and accommodation) and the misguided international perception of bushfires impacting WA. If you have any insights please feel free to contact Nikki Forrest.
Remote Area Tax Concessions and Payments Report released
The final report into Remote Area Tax Concessions and Payments has been released by the Productivity Commission. The Commission wishes to thank all those who participated in the study.
Infrastructure Australia – 2020 Priority List
Released this week by Infrastructure Australia, The Infrastructure Priority List is the authoritative guide to the priority infrastructure investments Australia needs to secure a sustainable and prosperous future.
The Priority List has a strong record of driving national investment and has become a key reference point for governments at all levels. The 2020 Infrastructure Priority List features 37 new infrastructure proposals, added since the publication of the last Priority List in February 2019. These additions support the existing proposals on the list, establishing a comprehensive roadmap of the priority investments we need over the next 15 years.
Additionally, 11 proposals on the list have been updated. Updates reflect when a proposal is taken up by new proponents, progresses to new stages, adapts to new challenges or becomes more time-critical.
The Priority List identifies a record 147 nationally significant infrastructure proposals, with 6 High Priority Projects, 17 Priority Projects, 36 High Priority Initiatives and 88 Priority Initiatives. This provides all levels of government with an evidence‑based list of infrastructure investment opportunities for the near, medium and longer term. To view the full list read here.
RCCIWA Members Forum – June 18th and 19th 2020, Perth – Save the Date!
Planning has already commenced for the first biannual RCCIWA Members Forum, to be held in Perth at Parliament House on Thursday June 18th and at a venue to be confirmed soon in Perth on Friday June 19th. For this first Forum of 2020, we are again looking at what technology we may be able to utilise so that members unable to make it to Perth, can still participate and contribute. We will keep you posted on this.
We will be holding our legendary Business After Hours on Thursday June 18th in the PM – and will get back to you with our host details as soon as they are confirmed.
If you have not attended previously, we would love to see you there.
- Members of Parliament you would like us to invite
- Questions for those MP’s
- Topics and issues, you would love covered on Day two, the Operational Day
- Any guest speakers you would like to hear from on either day
- Any suggestions you have for the format and the timings of both days – what you would like to see.
RCCIWA Administrative Items
- Emmi Taylor is back and is currently updating our membership contact list. If you have any changes to your contacts or would like to add any people, please email Emmi
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and share our page with your members.
- Please also let us know about any activities, initiatives or events you would like us to include in our weekly newsletter. You will notice that we are including an item each week that showcases a great idea, program or event that one of our members is delivering. If you have something you would like us to share – please send through the details to Emmi.
- Any events you would like added to our events calendar on our website. If you have a specific logo for that event -could you also send that through, and we will include it.
- Our member portal is live – so please send through any operational documents you are happy to share with your fellow members to Emmi