From the CEO’s Desk
RCCIWA Red Tape Survey Results
Throughout July we conducted our “Red Tape” survey to identify specific examples of regulatory burden or complicated processes that make it harder for businesses to just get on with the job. Thank you to our members who shared our survey and also everyone who completed it. You will find the Survey report here and RCCIWA will be forwarded this feedback to the right people from all three tiers of Government to assist with their mandates of reducing the burden for business owners. We will keep you updated of any progress as it happens.
RCCIWA – Representing our Members
RCCIWA sits on a few of the State Governments working groups that are informing their COVID 19 recovery plans and decisions. We have a few meetings coming up next few weeks and there are several issues I would like to provide updates on. If you have time could you email me at email@example.com with your feedback on the following:
- Accommodation shortages for workers – we are hearing that many regional areas are struggling to find workers (mainly for accommodation and hospitality businesses) and then if they do find someone, they have nowhere to house them. We know of one regional town where workers are sleeping in their cars. Is this an issue in your area?
- Sourcing Chefs – we are hearing that businesses are trying to secure chefs from the Eastern States as they are desperate for them, but they are failing to get entry exemptions. They keep getting knocked back but are unsure why? Are you members experiencing this too.
- The Big Banks – we are still hearing that the big banks have not been doing enough to support businesses currently. This is anecdotal, so we are keen to hear of any feedback or examples you have from your members (good examples as well). We have heard that the smaller banks have been incredible.
Lotterywest Funding Stream
Strengthening and Adapting Organisations
Last week Monday Lotterywest opened up a new Grants stream to support community and NFP organisations called Strengthening and Adapting Organisations. We thought this may be a good fit for your organisation and RCCIWA are also looking at a few projects we have that may work with this as well. We would be looking at governance and resource access if we were going to apply. If you are going to apply for this or have any feedback for us on this, please let me know via email.
NDIS New Provider Virtual Information Session for RCCIWA Members
17th September 2020
At the request of our members who missed the first one, RCCIWA will be hosting a second member’s information session to be delivered by the NDIS. The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) would like to invite prospective service providers in WA to attend an information session on registering as an NDIS provider. Providers are vital for the delivery of NDIA services, providing life-changing supports to thousands of people with disability across WA and generating wide-ranging economic and community benefits. Opportunities exist across a wide range of support categories. This session will be held via videoconference using Microsoft Teams and will be great information to pass on to your members. We have already had a great response to this second session, for all registration details please read here.
RCCIWA Members Forum
November 12th and 13th 2020, Perth
Save the Date!
Planning has already commenced for the 2020 RCCIWA Members Forum, to be held in Perth at Parliament House on Thursday November 12th and at a venue to be confirmed soon in Perth on Friday November 13th. For this one and only Forum of 2020, we are again looking at what technology we may be able to utilise so that members unable to make it to Perth, can still participate and contribute. We will keep you posted on this. We will be holding our legendary Business After Hours on Thursday November 12th in the PM – and will get back to you with our host details as soon as they are confirmed.
If you have not attended previously, we would love to see you there.
In order for us to plan the Forum so that it is relevant and informative for you, we would love your feedback on the following – just email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or Emmi on email@example.com with any suggestions you may have:
- Members of Parliament you would like us to invite
- Questions for those MP’s
- Topics and issues, you would like covered on Day Two, the Operational Day
- Any guest speakers you would like to hear from on either day
- Any suggestions you have for the format and the timings of both days