From the CEO’s Desk
RCCIWA – Representing our Members
RCCIWA sits on a few of the State Governments working groups that are informing their COVID 19 recovery plans and decisions. We have a few meetings coming up next few weeks and there are several issues I would like to provide updates on. If you have time could you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback on the following:
- Accommodation shortages for workers – we are hearing that many regional areas are struggling to find workers (mainly for accommodation and hospitality businesses) and then if they do find someone, they have nowhere to house them. We know of one regional town where workers are sleeping in their cars. Is this an issue in your area?
- Sourcing Chefs – we are hearing that businesses are trying to secure chefs from the Eastern States as they are desperate for them, but they are failing to get entry exemptions. They keep getting knocked back but are unsure why? Are you members experiencing this too.
- The Big Banks – we are still hearing that the big banks have not been doing enough to support businesses currently. This is anecdotal, so we are keen to hear of any feedback or examples you have from your members (good examples as well). We have heard that the smaller banks have been incredible.
RCCIWA Members Forum – November 12th and 13th 2020, Perth – Registration Opening Next Week
Planning is well underway for the 2020 RCCIWA Members Forum, to be held in Perth at Parliament House on Thursday November 12th and at The Ibis Perth in Perth on Friday November 13th. For this one and only Forum of 2020, we are again looking at what technology we may be able to utilise so that members unable to make it to Perth, can still participate and contribute. We will keep you posted on this. We will be holding our legendary Business After Hours on Thursday November 12th in the PM – with Accor Hotels WA generously agreeing to host this again – thank Accor Hotels WA! Emmi will be in touch over the next few weeks to get some invitees from you.
If you have not attended previously, we would love to see you there. To find out what to expect to get from attending read here.
In order for us to plan the Forum so that it is relevant and informative for you, we would love your feedback on the following – just email me on email@example.com or Emmi on firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions you may have:
- Members of Parliament you would like us to invite
- Questions for those MP’s
- Topics and issues, you would like covered on Day Two, the Operational Day
- Any guest speakers you would like to hear from on either day
- Any suggestions you have for the format and the timings of both days
ABC Perth Focus Program – Discussing Regional Worker Shortages
A couple of weeks ago, we were very grateful to be given the opportunity to be a part of ABC Perth Radio’s Focus Program to talk about the workforce shortages challenging our regional businesses right now. Joined by the brilliant Amanda Walker from Yerecoin, who is the Chair of our terrific member the Wheatbelt Business Network, it was an important and much needed opportunity to let people know about all of the amazing opportunities in Regional WA. Thank you to all of our members who sent through feedback and input as to what the situation is in their area. It has become apparent that worker shortages are pretty much all over Regional WA, and every type of job is needed. You can listen to the full discussion here. A big thanks to Jessica Strutt from ABC Perth Radio for putting together this interview and inviting us to take part.
RCCIWA Administrative Items
- Emmi Taylor is currently updating our membership contact list. If you have any changes to your contacts or would like to add any people, please email Emmi at email@example.com
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and share our page with your members
- Please also let us know about any activities, initiatives or events you would like us to include in our weekly newsletter. We love showcasing a great idea, program or event that one of our members is delivering. If you have something you would like us to share – please send through the details to Emmi.
- Any events you would like added to our events calendar on our website. If you have a specific logo for that event -could you also send that through, and we will include it.
- Our member portal is live – so please send through any operational documents you are happy to share with your fellow members to Emmi at firstname.lastname@example.org