From the CEO’s Desk
RCCIWA Tourism Sector Labour Shortages Survey Report – Summary Overview
RCCIWA is working with Tourism Western Australia to best support businesses in the Tourism Sector who are really struggling to find employees for a wide range of positions. We know this is a critical issue in regional WA. With this in mind we conducted a survey in December with regional businesses to get more detailed data and information as well as suggested solutions. You will find the summary overview report here. Thank you to all of the regional businesses who completed the survey.
Stakeholder Submissions Invited for the 2021-22 Migration Program
The Department of Home Affairs is currently inviting public submissions to inform planning for the 2021-22 Migration Program. Each year the Department of Home Affairs undertakes a comprehensive consultation process to inform the make-up of Australia’s Migration Program. Public submissions are an important part of this process and will help shape a Migration Program that benefits all Australians.
Public submissions will be accepted by 29 January 2021.
If you would like to make a submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please refer to the website.
The new mailbox for enquiries to the Business Industry and Regional Outreach (BIRO) team in WA is: BIRO.WA@homeaffairs.gov.au
RCCIWA Monthly Online Member Meeting
On the second Tuesday of each month at 10am we hold an online members’ meeting which usually runs for an hour to 90 minutes. We usually see about 15 members represented on the video call each month to give member updates, discuss common issues & possible solutions to these, as well as the opportunity to share and learn from each other. We also hear from experts from the SBDC and CCIWA, as well as others as requested to receive valuable and relevant updates. The monthly meetings are a great way of connecting with our members with each other, as well as working through common issues or activities. Calendar Invites for the year have been sent to our members this week. Our first meeting for 2021 will be next Tuesday January 12th at 10am.
RCCIWA Members - Update your Information
To assist Emmi with keeping our website and communications as up to date as possible can you please send to email@example.com the following:
- Any changes to your contact details, particularly following your AGM. Please also let Emmi know if you have any committee members or general members that you would like added to the newsletter and we will pop them on the distribution list.
- Your new logo if you have refreshed or changed it recently.
- Any activities, initiatives or events you would like us to include in our weekly newsletter. You will notice that we like to include member showcases in our newsletter that features a great idea, program or event that our members are delivering. If you have something you would like us to share – please send through the details to Emmi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any events you would like added to the events calendar on our website. If you have a specific logo for that event -could you also send that through, and we will include it.
RCCIWA Website Members Only Resource Portal
Just a reminder that as a RCCIWA Member you have access our resource library that contains a wide variety of documents from all of our members. This is a great reference point to refer to when planning events, setting up polices or updating your own collateral. Please email Emmi if you need access to the portal. We are regularly uploading documents however to keep it current, could you please email Emmi at email@example.com any documents that you are happy to share with your fellow members. We will assume if you send it to us that you are happy for us to upload this on the members only access section of our website. Please send in pdf format (and in the smallest size you can), documents such as:
- Your Constitution
- Your Strategic or Operational Plans
- Membership Forms, Membership prospectus
- Member Benefits flyer
- BAH information
- Sponsorship information
- Directory information
- Business Awards Information
- Job and Position Descriptions, HR documents
- Events information
- Policies and Procedures
- Committee Induction pack