From the CEO’s Desk
RCCIWA February Monthly Members Online Meeting - Wrap Up
We held our February monthly members meeting this past Tuesday and it was absolutely fantastic to have 17 of our members represented as well as CCIWA. We also had a very special guest in attendance for the second month in a row - our Founding President, Mr Rolf Stene. The monthly meeting is such a great opportunity to receive policy updates from organisations like CCIWA, as well as to hear about and learn from all the activities and issues our members our working on and dealing with. Our members do find these regular monthly catch-ups valuable, and this month it was very encouraging to hear that everyone is back from their well-deserved breaks and have all hit the ground running. So, if you are available on the second Tuesday of the month at 10am – we’d love to see you. Some of the takeaways from the conversation are highlighted below:
- For all of our members the issues of critical priority currently are the extreme worker shortage as well as the lack of available housing and accommodation. There is a wide range of activities and actions being undertaken to address both of these impediments to business and community growth and RCCIWA and our members will continue working hard to find practical solutions. The major concern is that regional businesses will incur reputational damage due to not being able to staff businesses at the needed levels and that opportunities for business growth will not be able to be taken. There is a great deal of work to be done on addressing these to key areas of concern.
- We discussed the key areas of focus for all regional business communities for this year, which will be key issues as we head into the WA State election. The common issues that we would like to see candidates address are:
- Critical workforce shortages
- Lack of available accommodation
- Access to childcare
- Raising the payroll tax threshold to $1.5M
- The rising cost of contracts
- Specific business sectors still needed additional financial support with the impacts of COVID 19 (ie the eventing industry)
- All members have already set impressive events and activity plans for the year. We will continue to highlight these in our newsletters.
- Tom Lamond from CCIWA gave us a policy update outlining their key areas of policy focus currently which are:
- Women’s workforce disincentives
- Calling for more support from Government for small businesses
- Labour shortages
- Their election priorities
RCCIWA Members - Update your Information
To assist us with keeping our website and communications as up to date as possible can you please send to Emmi at firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- Any changes to your contact details, particularly following your AGM. Please also let Emmi know if you have any committee members or general members that you would like added to the newsletter and we will pop them on the distribution list.
- Your new logo if you have refreshed or changed it recently.
- Any activities, initiatives or events you would like us to include in our weekly newsletter. You will notice that we like to include member showcases in our newsletter that features a great idea, program or event that our members are delivering. If you have something you would like us to share – please send through the details to Emmi at email@example.com
- Any events you would like added to the events calendar on our website. If you have a specific logo for that event -could you also send that through, and we will include it.
RCCIWA Website Members Only Resource Portal
Just a reminder that as a RCCIWA Member you have access our resource library that contains a wide variety of documents from all of our members. This is a great reference point to refer to when planning events, setting up polices or updating your own collateral. Please email Emmi if you need access to the portal. We are regularly uploading documents however to keep it current, could you please email Emmi at firstname.lastname@example.org any documents that you are happy to share with your fellow members. We will assume if you send it to us that you are happy for us to upload this on the members only access section of our website. Please send in pdf format (and in the smallest size you can), documents such as:
- Your Constitution
- Your Strategic or Operational Plans
- Membership Forms, Membership prospectus
- Member Benefits flyer
- BAH information
- Sponsorship information
- Directory information
- Business Awards Information
- Job and Position Descriptions, HR documents
- Events information
- Policies and Procedures
- Committee Induction pack