From the CEO’s Desk
RCCIWA Members Forum – November 11th and 12th in Perth
Planning is well underway for the second RCCIWA Members Forum to be held on November 11th and 12th in Perth. Once we have all of the logistics and details set, we will send our members all of the information and the booking link. We hope this will be by the end of next week.
Thursday November 11th – Parliamentarian Day at Hale House
Thursday November 11th – Business After Hours generously hosted by Accor Hotels WA
Friday November 12th – Operational and Strategy Day at The Mercure Hotel
For now, we are seeking your feedback on the speakers and content you would like to see over both days. Suggestions for particular topics and recommended speakers are encouraged. Please send them through to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can confirm that The Mercure Hotel in Perth will be our host for our BAH and also where we will be holding our meeting on Day Two. Many of our delegates will be staying at The Mercure and they are offering a special rate – please call 089326 7000 to make your booking.
Meet the Buyer | Wednesday 27 October 2021 | Crown Perth | 10am - 3.30pm
On October 27th Buy West Eat Best will be delivering WA’s first dedicated exhibition style trade show for Food and Beverage producers, and we think this is a great opportunity for our members and local businesses.
- Meet the Buyer will be the biggest and most diverse showcase of WA Food and Beverage business in one central location, providing an opportunity for WA Food and Beverage businesses to exhibit alongside local producers to industry leaders and feature their products. A min of 60 exhibitors will take part.
- Over 180 delegates are expected from across the supply chain and will include buyers and importers, chefs, and sommeliers through to media and educators. The trade show will showcase quality products and ingredients that have been grown, farmed, fished, processed and prepared right here in WA and while presented by the program, it is not exclusive to the BWEB membership base. While the exhibition will focus upon domestic delegates this year, this will grow to include export in future years.
- Meet the Buyer will showcase the strength and resilience of the WA food and beverage sector, facilitating businesses to realise, establish and grow new markets, benefiting the WA economy.
- The Meet the Buyer program will detail exhibitor’s business profile, product details and RRP and contact information, and will be released 24 hours prior to preregistered delegates.
- They are acutely aware WA border closures create barriers for some visitors this year, however virtual tickets and bookable meeting rooms are available, so interstate delegates can take part in the event.
Non-Buy West Eat Best Member Exhibitor
$249 per exhibition
Includes 3m x 3m space with fascia board, clothed trestle table, power and 2 x tickets per exhibitor to attend. Tea, coffee and light refreshments included, and access to Sundowner. A total of up to 8 goods showcased per table.
Regional Development Commissions, Food Industry Associations or similar, collective businesses to exhibit
$499 per exhibition
Includes 6m x 3m space with fascia board, clothed trestle table, power and 2 x tickets per exhibitor to attend. Tea, coffee and light refreshments included, and access to Sundowner. A total of up to 12 goods showcased per table.
Additional Exhibitor Staff for Trade Exhibition access and/or Sundowner
$49 per person
Access to Trade Exhibition with tea, coffee and light refreshments included, and access to Sundowner.
Book. Nominate. Converse.
- Meet the Buyer channels everyone in one room for one day!
- Capture the attention of on and off premise buyers and importers, chefs, sommeliers, media and educators who are wanting to meet you and discover the wonderful produce and ingredients you are growing, farming, fishing, growing, transforming and creating right here in WA.
What's in store?
Meeting Rooms | A selection of delegate meeting rooms will be pre-bookable for businesses with colleague’s interstate, suitable for Zoom/Teams and will include screen, webcam, mic and WiFi's.
Accommodation Discount | Receive 15% off room rates to stay at Crown Perth across the week! To book, visit the website and select "Rate Access/Corporate Code" then add code EVENT658897
Bite Sized Breakouts | Complimentary presentations all day! Hot topic snapshots will feature and Q&A sessions. Topics and presenters to be announced shortly!
Networking Sundower | Catch up and continue conversations in the relaxed setting of TWR @ Crown following the trade show. Light canapes and first drink is included within your exhibition fee. 4pm- 6.30pm
Small Business Development Corporation – Your trusted Resource
We encourage all of our members to utilise and turn to the excellent resource that is the SBDC. Their website, monthly newsletter and blogs and their own Facebook Group for small business owners in WA are all very relevant and informative and incredibly valuable for small businesses all over WA.
Small Businesses can take part in the conversation around our monthly topics, via their Facebook group I’m a small business owner in Western Australia. Or to find out more about their current workshops, subscribe to their newsletter or just access the right information visit their website.
Infrastructure WA – Update
Thank you to all who provided feedback on the draft State Infrastructure Strategy, Foundations for a Stronger Tomorrow. Consultation has now closed and feedback from the hundreds of people and organisations that provided input over an eight-week period will now be considered by the Infrastructure WA team.
That includes more than:
• 700 people at 30 information sessions and workshops;
• 100 people via the online survey; and
• 180 people and organisations via written submissions.
Infrastructure WA cast a net as wide as possible to ensure people across the state could help shape the State’s infrastructure future. An initial review of stakeholder feedback indicates broad support for the draft Strategy and several key areas of interest including climate change and environment, regional development, housing, transport and timing of recommendations, among others.
These matters will be further considered in the final Strategy, which will be presented to the Premier later this year. Read the full story here.
RCCIWA Administrative Items
- Emmi Taylor is constantly updating our membership contact list. If you have any changes to your contacts or would like to add any people, please email Emmi at email@example.com
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and share our page with your members.
- Please also let us know about any activities, initiatives or events you would like us to include in our weekly newsletter. We love showcasing a great idea, program or event that one of our members is delivering. If you have something you would like us to share – please send through the details to Emmi.
- Our member portal is being well accessed by our members, but we can always add more content – so please send through any operational documents you are happy to share with your fellow members to Emmi at firstname.lastname@example.org