From the CEO’s Desk COVID19 Update
- Our planned RCCIWA Members Forum for June 2020 has been postponed. At this stage we still hope to hold this well-attended and valuable event later in the year. We will keep you posted.
- We have a COVID 19 resource in the Members Portal on our website. This is being updated regularly. If you are having trouble accessing this, please get in touch.
- We will be holding a Zoom briefing session next Tuesday June 2nd at 10am on the Regional Economic Development Grants featuring one of our fab members, Caroline Robinson from the Wheatbelt Business Network and Gavin Treasure from the Wheatbelt Development Commission to talk about the process of applying for a RED’s grant either for your organisation or for you to assist you members. This will be an informative session – keep an eye out in your inbox for the details and link.
- We will also be hosting a ZOOM session with the Department of Training and Workforce Developing so we can give feedback into their skills and workforce development review. This will also be on Tuesday June 2nd, but at 2pm. Again – check your inbox for details and the link.
At RCCIWA we are continuing to focus on:
- Collating relevant information and communicating concisely with our members, so as not to overwhelm
- Directing our members to accurate business-related websites and resources as well as building on our COVID 19 resources on our member portal
- Advocating to all tiers of Government to ensure our regional voice is heard in all decision-making processes and that priority issues are communicated appropriately
- Representing our members and advocating on their behalf
- Attempting to secure funding for each of our members who are providing a key role in supporting and connecting regional businesses and who will be essential once we get through this, in the re-build.
- Reaching out to our members directly and ensuring we are connected and that they feel supported
- Being a conduit of information, sharing impactful examples
Just like all of you we have been busy meeting with and speaking to countless organisations, Government agencies & departments and individuals who are all focused on working collectively to assist regional businesses survive, adapt and recover. Our engagement is strong, and our input is valuable - we are being contacted widely as a source of genuine and relevant regional intel and information. The regular surveys we are conducting are being widely referred to and utilised in the planning and forming of actions and policies by all three tiers of Government. Some of the regular working groups and meetings we are contributing to include:
- Telstra Regional Advisory Council
- State Government COVID Response Working Groups
- Food service and Hospitality
- Food Supply
- WA Food Relief Round Table Working Group (hosted by WACOSS)
- Regional Development Commissions CEO’s Meeting (on an irregular basis)
- Fortnightly meeting with JTSI – re local content, buy local policy, local procurement
- DTWD – contributing to the skills and workforce development review
- Fortnightly meeting with representatives from WA Treasury, Federal Treasury, Federal Government, and the Reserve Bank to provide regional intel and feedback, particularly around our regular surveys.
- Sharing our survey results with a stakeholder data base of 186 interested people, mostly from Government departments, offices and agencies – from all three tiers of Government