From the CEOs Desk
RCCIWA Members Forum – June 16th & June 17th - Perth
Registration is now open for our first RCCIWA Members Forum for 2022. We are very excited about our first forum of the year and the interest and bookings from our members has already been strong. To our members, you can find out more about why your organisation should be represented here and also all of the info and logistical details here.
We are still to confirm our final programs for both days, however at this stage I can let you know that we have secured the following speakers:
- The Hon Alannah MacTiernan MLC – our generous host for day one, giving the opening address
- Aaron Morey – Chief Economist CCIWA – giving an economic briefing
- David Eaton – WA Small Business Commissioner – giving a SBDC briefing
We have also invited the following Members of Parliament to come along on Day one and speak with us:
- The Hon Mark McGowan MLA
- The Hon Roger Cook MLA
- The Hon Don Punch MLA
- The Hon Rita Saffioti MLA
- The Hon Sue Ellery MLC
- The Hon Mia Davies MLA
- Ms Libby Mettam MLA
We will let you know as we receive speaker confirmations.
If you have not attended our Forum previously, I would strongly encourage you to come along. It is two days of first-class networking, relevant and important information, high level advocacy and lots of opportunities to share and learn. We all love the RCCIWA Forum and take a great deal from them, whist strengthening our supportive network of regional business organisations. We hope you can join us. Registrations can be made here: RCCIWA Members Forum June 2022 Registration
RCCIWA Representation - April
It continues to be a very busy time for RCCIWA, and over the past few weeks we have been raising the voice of business in Regional WA via a number of strategic forums and roundtables that we are specifically invited to attend. This is a great example of the work we continue to do, to represent our members and their members, and is also where we take advantage our members very valuable feedback and input:
- Participated in the Department of Primary Industry and Regional Development (DPIRD) led Digital Inclusion implementation Working Group #3 Meeting
- Participated in the second meeting of the WA Jobs Taskforce, chaired by the Hon Roger Cook – with this meeting having a regional focus. Asked to lead a focused working group, outside of the main taskforce.
- Participated in the Department of Training and Workforce Development (DTWD) led Early Childhood Education and Care Job Ready Program Steering Committee
- Participated in the DPRID led Food service and Hospitality COVID Working Group monthly meeting
Small Business Development Corporation – COVID Small Business Grants
The SBDC have a number of grants available for Small Business to provide support for those impacted by Covid.
Small Business Hardship Grants
As part of the WA Government’s Level 2 COVID-19 Business Assistance Package, tiered grants are being offered to eligible businesses that can demonstrate a specific decrease in business turnover for any two week period between 1 January and 30 April 2022, compared to an equivalent period in 2021. Payments will be based on the number of full time equivalent (FTE) employees of the business. Applications are now open until 30 June 2022.
Tenant Rent Relief Scheme
As part of the WA Government’s Level 1 COVID-19 Business Assistance Package, grants of $3,000 are being offered to eligible small businesses tenant that can demonstrate a 30 per cent decrease in business turnover for any four-week period between 1 January and 30 April 2022, compared to an equivalent period in 2021. Applications are now open until 30 June 2022.
Small Business Assistance Grant - December 2021
This grant is designed to assist small businesses that were directly financially impacted by the Chief Health Officer’s COVID Restrictions (Directions) from 23 December 2021 to 4 January 2022. Eligible businesses will receive payments for each impacted day, with applications open to both employing and non-employing businesses until 31 May 2022.
Read here for more detail and information about these grants and support measures.
CCIWA’s Pre Budget Submission to the WA Government and Regional Pulse Report
CCIWA have sent their 2022-23 pre-budget submission to The Premier advocating for businesses throughout Western Australia. RCCIWA contributed to this submission via our participation in CCIWA’s General Council forums and also directly with their policy team. We would encourage you to read through the submission when you get a chance. The WA State Budget is being handed down next Thursday, and RCCIWA was invited to attend by Treasury which is a great opportunity for us. CCIWA have very generously offered one of their senior policy advisors to attend the State Budget lock-in, representing RCCIWA to do a regional analysis for us. This is such a fantastic offer from CCIWA, and we look forward to sending you the analysis next Thursday afternoon.
The latest CCIWA Regional Pulse Report is also available for reading and circulation – which certainly highlights how critical the worker shortages are for all regional WA businesses. CCIWA will commence their survey later on this month for the next Regional Pulse and we encourage all regional businesses to contribute. The information and data gathered in these surveys is used to form policy and advocate to Government for support. Keep an eye out on your local Chamber communications as they will let you know when the survey is open.
RCCIWA Administrative Items
- Emmi Taylor is constantly updating our membership contact list. If you have any changes to your contacts or would like to add any people, please email Emmi at email@example.com
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and share our page with your members.
- Please also let us know about any activities, initiatives or events you would like us to include in our fortnightly newsletter. We love showcasing a great idea, program or event that one of our members is delivering. If you have something you would like us to share – please send through the details to Emmi.
- Our member portal is being well accessed by our members, but we can always add more content – so please send through any operational documents you are happy to share with your fellow members to Emmi at firstname.lastname@example.org