From the CEOs Desk
RCCIWA Notice of 2023 AGM
The 2023 RCCIWA AGM will be held on Monday October 30th at 10am via MS Teams. Please see the attached agenda and notice. Members will receive the meeting link directly via email with all supporting documents.
RCCIWA - Stakeholder Engagement, Advocacy and Representation
It’s been an incredibly busy couple of months, with many meetings and opportunities to represent our members and meet with stakeholders directly. Some highlights listed below.
- Written letter of concern to Minister Giles regarding the Federal Government’s announcement that they are reducing the visa nominations cap for state nominated migration program. This letter was also sent to all of our members to put their own name to it and send it off, which many did. No response as of yet.
- Attended Tourism WA’s Regional Events Program Launch
- Met with Tourism WA regarding working on delivering a Workforce Development program via RCCIWA members.
- Participated in the Rio Tinto stakeholder engagement consultation.
- Attend the Digital Consultation Forum, as an invited member, hosted by JTSI.
- Met with DTWD, JTSI and DPIRD to discuss various regional issues and initiatives.
- Participated as a member of the WA Advocacy for Consumers of Energy Forum (WA ACE Forum) which is a broad based representation of household and small business consumer views in a central forum, allowing issues to be raised and for consumers to share in the development of products and solutions for the energy sector.
- Attended CCIWA’s General Council meeting as a member
- Met with our corporate member Arc Infrastructure
- Met with our Corporate Member Accor Hotels WA
RCCIWA Members Forum – November 27th and 28th 2023 - Perth
Planning is well underway for our second RCCIWA Members Forum for 2023, being held on Monday November 27th and Tuesday November 28th. We have received fantastic feedback from our members either directly or via our post June Forum survey as to who they would like to hear from and what topics they would like covered. If you have any suggestions or feedback to contribute, please email me at email@example.com – the reason our Forums are so valued is because they are developed using the input of our members.
If you have not attended this Forum previously on behalf of your Chamber, Business Network or Business Association, we strongly recommend that you do. We are confident you will find it informative, useful and interesting and that The Forum will provide excellent opportunities for networking and connection for your RCCIWA network and key stakeholders.
Registration and further details will come out in the next few weeks, but for now below are the key dates and timings.
Monday November 27th – Operational and strategic day – at the Novotel on Murray Street
Monday November 27th – Business After Hours at the Novotel on Murray Street co hosted by Accor Hotels WA and Business Foundations
Friday June 23rd – Advocacy Day at Hale House, Host Minister to be confirmed
We are thrilled to let you know that we will be holding our Business After Hours (Monday pm) on day one of the Forum at the fabulous Novotel Perth Murray Street. It is a beautiful property in a great location. Our friends at Accor Hotels WA are looking forward to looking after us all once again. They have generously offered a special discount rate for all of our delegates who will be staying with them. All RCCIWA delegates will receive the conference discounted accommodation rate of the day when booking. Please ensure you use the reference RCCIWA and mention the conference dates (November 27th and 28th) when making your booking so you can receive your discount. Probably booking by phone or direct email is best (08) 6371 6371 firstname.lastname@example.org novotelperthmurraystreet.com.au
The Ibis Perth, another Accor Hotels WA property which is close by, are also offering this fantastic rate:
$149 per room per night, Standard Room. (Breakfast discounted to $20 Full Buffet Per Person)
If anyone would like to book please email: email@example.com and she will look after you.
RCCIWA Monthly Online Members Meeting
On the second Tuesday of each month at 10am we hold an online members’ meeting which usually runs for an hour to 90 minutes. We usually see around 15 of our member organisations represented each month to give member updates, discuss common issues & possible solutions to these, as well as the opportunity to share and learn from each other. We also hear from experts from the SBDC and CCIWA, as well as others as requested. The monthly meetings are a great way of connecting with our members with each other, as well as working through common issues or activities. Calendar Invites for the year were sent to our members in January. If you do not have a calendar invite, please let me know and I will send you one. The agenda and a reminder will be sent out a few days before the meeting each month. Our second meeting for 2023 will be held next week on Tuesday October 10th at 10am via MS Teams – we would love you to join us.
RCCIWA Website Members Only Resource Portal
Just a reminder that as a RCCIWA Member you have access our resource library that contains a wide variety of documents from all of our members. This is a great reference point to refer to when planning events, setting up polices or updating your own collateral. Please email Emmi if you need access to the portal. We are regularly uploading documents however to keep it current, could you please email Emmi at firstname.lastname@example.org any documents that you are happy to share with your fellow members. We will assume if you send it to us that you are happy for us to upload this on the members only access section of our website. Please send in pdf format (and in the smallest size you can), documents such as:
- Your Constitution
- Your Strategic or Operational Plans
- Membership Forms, Membership prospectus
- Member Benefits flyer
- BAH information
- Sponsorship information
- Directory information
- Business Awards Information
- Job and Position Descriptions, HR documents
- Events information
- Policies and Procedures
- Committee Induction pack
RCCIWA Administrative Items
- We are constantly updating our membership contact list. If you have any changes to your contacts or would like to add any people, please email Emmi at email@example.com The information we need is name, position/role, email address and mobile number.
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and share our page with your members, and in particular your elected committee or board members.