From the CEO’s Desk
RCCIWA - Feedback sought on issues affecting your members
RCCIWA sits on a few of the State Governments working groups that are informing their COVID 19 recovery plans and decisions. We have a few meetings coming up next few weeks and there are several issues I would like to provide updates on. If you have time could you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback on the following:
- Accommodation shortages for workers – we are hearing that many regional areas are struggling to find workers (mainly for accommodation and hospitality businesses) and then if they do find someone, they have nowhere to house them. We know of one regional town where workers are sleeping in their cars. Is this an issue in your area?
- Sourcing Chefs – we are hearing that businesses are trying to secure chefs from the Eastern States as they are desperate for them, but they are failing to get entry exemptions. They keep getting knocked back but are unsure why? Are you members experiencing this too.
- Childcare workers – we are hearing that this is a critical issue all over Regional WA. Is this an issue in your area?
- The Big Banks – we are still hearing that the big banks have not been doing enough to support businesses currently. This is anecdotal, so we are keen to hear of any feedback or examples you have from your members (good examples as well). We have heard that the smaller banks have been incredible.
RCCIWA Members Forum - November 12th and 13th 2020 Perth - Registrations Now Open
The only Forum of 2020 will deliver two days of information, excellent opportunities to amplify your members voice, quality networking and tonnes of ideas sharing and learning. We would love to see you there and know that this year, more than ever it will be so fantastic to connect in person.
You can register now – note this is a RCCIWA Members only event.
We have created a few helpful docs in preparation for the day which are attached:
- An information flyer for your board or committee as to why your organisation should attend
- A Forum Info sheet – with everything you need to know
We will also be inviting external stakeholders and some of your members to our BAH – so if you have any Perth Based members you would like us to include on our invitation list (up to five) can you please send through their details ASAP to Emmi at email@example.com We ask that you do not invite them directly so we can manage the rsvp list properly as numbers are limited. What we need is their name, email address and business name.
A huge thank you to the dynamic Hon Alannah MacTiernan MLC (a great supporter of ours) for hosting us for the day at Parliament House and to our friends at Accor Hotels WA for generously hosting our Business After Hours.
Please get in touch if you have any questions. Full programs will be sent closer to the Forum.
RCCIWA Administrative Items
- Emmi Taylor is always updating our membership contact list, and as many of you are having AGM’s this month we no key contacts may have changed. If you have any changes to your contacts or would like to add any people, please email Emmi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and share our page with your members.
- Please also let us know about any activities, initiatives or events you would like us to include in our weekly newsletter. We love showcasing a great idea, program or event that one of our members is delivering. If you have something you would like us to share – please send through the details to Emmi.
- Any events you would like added to our events calendar on our website. If you have a specific logo for that event -could you also send that through, and we will include it.
- Our member portal is live – so please send through any operational documents you are happy to share with your fellow members to Emmi at email@example.com